Spring is the time when hops just start to grow and we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate that than a fest celebrating hops themselves. Now, it would be easy to just break out a bunch of Double IPAs, and don't get us wrong there will be some of those too, but we challenged the brewers to come up some news ways of celebrating hops.
Why Join Us At Springfest?
Drink Craft Beer Springfest focuses on New England-made beers that feature one of our favorite ingredients, hops! By attending, you’ll be able to sample 80+ beers from 25 of New England’s best craft brewers, each one of them bringing at least one hop-focused brew! Many of these are being made specifically for this event or will be released there. Additionally, you can sample and purchase food from several local food vendors.
- There are no refunds OR exchanges.
- All attendees must be 21+ with a valid ID. Nobody will be allowed into the building who is under 21 or who doesn't have a valid ID.
- Tickets will be emailed by Eventbrite. You must bring this ticket to the event where it will be scanned.
- You can transfer tickets using Eventbrite.
- We give no entry guarantee if you buy your ticket from a reseller.
How Much Does It Cost?
Friday April 11th Hoppy Hour VIP Session
We'll have a collection for special beers from 25 New England breweries, each one a special batch or variant made just for the Hoppy Hour VIP Session in addition to the full Saturday lineup of brews!
For only $60 you’ll get admittance to one session which includes:
- Unlimited 2oz samples of 70+ hop-focused beers from 25 New England craft brewers
- Unlimited 2oz samples of an additional 25+ super limited, specially made-just-for-this-event hoppy beers (or special versions of existing beers) from 25 New England craft brewers
- A smaller attendance of only 450 (vs. 550 for Saturday sessions)
- Biodegradable tasting cup
- Fest Guide
Saturday April 12th Day & Evening Sessions
For only $50 you’ll get admittance to one session which includes:
- Unlimited 2oz samples of 70+ hop-focused beers from 25 New England craft brewers!
- Biodegradable tasting cup
- Fest Guide
What Food Will Be Available?
More than just beer, Drink Craft Beer is all about great food as well. With that in mind, we want to provide you with some local and delicious food options to eat with your beer! We'll have a great list of food vendors, as usual, including:
- Roxy's Grilled Cheese (for purchase)
- Awesome, off-the-wall grilled cheese
- Grillo's Pickles (for sample and purchase)
- Delicious locally-made pickles, including hop pickles.
- Union Sq. Donuts (for purchase)
- Eat craft donuts! Great flavors.
- Q's Nuts
- Locally roasted, creatively flavored nuts (for samples and purchase)
With Drink Craft Beer Springfest: A Celebration of Hops getting closer every day, we've been getting more and more requests on how people can be involved. If you want to be a part of the Drink Craft Beer community and help put on a great event, then we'd love to have you. One of the most important parts of a fest is having great volunteers, and Drink Craft Beer wants you!
Springfest is being held in Boston, MA at Space 57 (200 Stuart Street, Boston, MA) on Friday, April 11 and Saturday, April 12. We need volunteers for the following sessions (times are when we need the volunteers for, not the actual session times as we'll need volunteers there early for prep and to stay a little late to help clean up):
Set Up: April 11, Noon-5pm
VIP Session: April 11, 5pm-11pm
Session 2: April 12, 11am-5pm
Session 3: April 12, 5pm-10pm
Break Down: April 12, 10pm-whenever we're done, probably 11pm or so (we'd like these people to have volunteered for Session 3 as well)
NOTE: All volunteers MUST be 21+ with a valid ID. Nobody will be allowed into the fest without proper ID.
Volunteers will get:
- Admission to the session that you're volunteering at
- Tasting cup
- Staff meal from one of the food vendors
- Staff t-shirt
- Chance to meet the brewers
- Meet other craft beer drinkers
What will volunteers do?
How do you sign up?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info (we need ALL of this information to process your sign up):
- Cell phone #
- Who you are and why you want to volunteer
- Are you TIPS Certified (those already certified get priority for the VIP Session pouring jobs)
- Past experience (Have you volunteered at other fests? Are/were you a bartender? Anything you think makes you especially qualified.)
- Which sessions are you available for? (Please note, in an effort to let more people volunteer, you can only volunteer for 2 of the 3 actual fest sessions. Set up and breakdown don't count.)
- T-shirt size (we have men's and women's sizes)
- 10 craft brewers, each providing a beer paired with a Taza Chocolate.
- 5 local chefs to create custom bites incorporating Taza Chocolate.
- Plus we might have at least one more surprise up our sleeves.
- Unlimited 2oz samples of 10 craft beers paired with Taza Chocolates
- Sample each bite from 5 local chefs
- Meet the crew from several of your favorite breweries and local restaurants
- A chance to provide meals to local families in need
- 100% of your ticket price goes directly to charity!
Tickets are limited to 330 so be sure to get yours fast! This event will sell out.
Devon and Jeff
Co-Founders of Drink Craft Beer
Special thanks to: our partner, Taza Chocolate, for providing all of the chocolate; Massachusetts Beverage Alliance for providing funding for the venue and event costs.
One of the things we love about this fest is the amazing range of malty beers that show up. There's a huge selection for you to choose from and really get an awesome feeling for how various malts change a beer. If you're a craft beer veteran then look at this as a guide to help you narrow down your must haves. If you're new to one of our fests though here's a list of all the beers that are a bit more malt forward. There's everything from Ambers, Browns and Porters, to Imperial Stouts and Barleywines. You really can't go wrong!
|Baxter Brewing Co. (ME)|
|Amber Road - A malt-accented amber ale which features a rich toastiness and a balanced hop flavor that lingers through to the finish (5.5%)|
|Phantom Punch Winter Stout -Stout made with vanilla beans and cocoa nibs. (6.8%)|
|Berkshire Brewing Co. (MA)|
|Cabin Fever - Unspiced winter warmer (6.3%)|
|Coffeehouse Porter - Coffee porter (6.2%)|
|Holidale - Holiday barley wine (9%)|
|Scotch Ale - Made with peated malt (7%)|
|High Horse Brewing (MA)|
|The Business - Imperial Stout with French Roast coffee with 100lbs of fresh roasted Oats grown in Hadley (9.4%)|
|Idle Hands Craft Ales (MA)|
|Yet to be named - Pale Weizenbock (8%)|
|Jack's Abby Brewing (MA)|
|Smoke and Dagger Seasonal Cask - Smoked lager (5.8%)|
|Mayflower Brewing Co. (MA)|
|Mayflower Golden Ale - (4.5%)|
|Mayflower Oatmeal Stout - (5.4%)|
|Mayflower Porter - (5.2%)|
|Mayflower Thanksgiving Ale (limited Cooper's Series brew) -(6.7%)|
|Night Shift Brewing (MA)|
|Taza Stout - Stout brewed with chicory root and ginger, aged on Somerville's Taza Chocolate cacao nibs (6%)|
|Notch Brewing Co. (MA)|
|Cerne Pivo - Czech Black Lager (4.0%)|
|Peak Organic Brewing Co. (ME)|
|Oak Aged Mocha Stout with Chestnuts Cask - Imperial stout made with Taza Chocolate and coffee from Coffee by Design; cask conditioned with chestnuts (8.4%)|
|Winter Session - Dark, hoppy wheat beer made with 100% Citra hops (5.0%)|
|Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project (MA)|
|Babayaga - Sylvan Stout with malt smoked with rosemary (7%)|
|Our Finest Regards - English Barleywine (12%)|
|St. Botolph's Town - Northern English Brown Ale (5.9%)|
|Riverwalk Brewing Co. (MA)|
|Rye Stout - Rye, Marris Otter and English roasted malts with Kent Golding Hops to round out the flavors. The rye helps to inhance the deep roasted flavor of the beer (6.5%)|
|Winter Porter - Coffee Roasted Malts, fresh Madagascar Vanilla Beans and whole Cinnamon Sticks (6.0%)|
|Samuel Adams (MA)|
|Boston Lager - Vienna-style lager (4.9%)|
|Attic and Eaves Toasted Brown -Toasted buckwheat brown ale (7.5%)|
|Porter Square Porter Rum Barrel Aged Cask - Chocolate porter (6.5%)|
|Smuttynose Brewing Co. (NH)|
|Scotch Ale - Beech wood smoked Scotch Ale, a portion was red wine barrel aged (8%)|
|The Tap Brewing Co. (MA)|
|Joshua Norton Imperial Stout -Imperial stout with smoked malt (9.1%)|
|Wormtown Brewing Co. (MA)|
|Norm - LIMITED QUANTITIES - Coconut chocolate stout (6.8%)|
|Sweet Tats- Imperial Oatmeal Stout with Cacao nibs, Vanilla Beans, Coffee (roasted at Acoustic Java Worcester, MA) (9%)|
|Wintah Brown - Brown ale (6%)|